Come And Join Me In My Creativity Zone

Come and join me in my Creativity Zone where you can enjoy fun and challenging card design ideas that will inspire you to learn new techniques to maximize the use of your craft tools, most especially the Silhouette Cameo machine along with the Silhouette Studio Designer software, and truly enjoy your crafting to the fullest.

All my files are shared for free, ONLY with my blog followers. The files are in Silhouette Studio format. They are for PERSONAL use only and must not be redistributed. You can share by directing people to the link of the project/post on my blog. Thank you for your compliance.

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Spellbinders Nestabilities - Opulent Ovals Birthday Card


I often neglect to update my blog with my new cards but I don't really stop making cards. As fellow bloggers know, posting a card entails a lot of work and it is very time consuming. It takes a good momentum to be able to sit down and do all the necessary work. Well, I finally managed to catch that momentum and here I am, posting my 5th card, all in one day. Please check the other four cards that I just posted.

Each time I finish making a new card, I always say it is my favorite card. I thought that my favorite card thus far was the previously posted card, the Spellbinders Radiant Rectangle card. But I now think that this Spellbinders Opulent card is my  favorite. Just like the previous card, I had it on my desk right next to my keyboard for several days and just couldn't stop staring at it. This is the greatest manifestation that not only do I truly enjoy my card making hobby, it is my great passion which is why even after 20 years, it has never gotten old on me and I still have the same passion and enthusiasm now as I had 20 years ago. Well, each and every card that I've created manifests it all.

I made this card for my niece, Lualhati, who I still fondly call Ati but she has been using Lu as her nickname which is, of course, much easier to pronounce and remember. We were all named with Filipino words starting with me, Ligaya, which means happiness. Lualhati means glory. The oldest niece is Filipinas, named after our country, followed by Maharlika which means noble, and then there is Diwata which means a fairy, a mythical figure in Philippine literature, Malaya means freedom, Dakila means great and Katleya an orchid flower. One nephew was named Rafael in honor of my brother who passed away and my other nephew and niece from another brother, oh well, he chose to defy my father and broke the tradition by naming his children Geovano and Geneve, still beautiful names but nothing Filipino :-). Geneve was actually named after my maternal grandmother, Genoveva. I love that my other 3 brothers respected and followed the nice tradition initiated by my father.

Back to the card, just like the two previous cards, I created an easel card base in Silhouette Studio but ended up not using it as I wanted to emphasize the beautiful intricate detail of the frame and project a nice 3D effect. I found a tutorial on creating an easel frame out of the die itself. It looks very tricky but it is actually easy. The card has that vintage look which I love. It's always a challenge having to come up with a new embellishment and having lots of dies to choose from is a great help. I've been collecting dies with leaves, swirls and flourishes. The lace nesting the flowers adds a nice vintage touch on the card. I created the two sentiments in Silhouette Studio and you can see how I love playing with the fonts. I think I spend the most time on the sentiments of every card that I make. A lot of thought is put into the choice of words and the choice of fonts. I love all the dies in the Opulent Ovals die set and used all of them on this card. I used the same offset of the largest die that I created in Silhouette Studio on the window of the box. The box really looks so elegant with the Memory Box swirl die and Marianne Design Anja label.

UPDATE: September 22, 2014:

Here is another tutorial showing a much simpler way of making an easel card out of die cuts.

The sharing file includes the 2 sentiments, the box and the original easel base card that I created in SIlhouette Studio. Please note that I only share my files with my blog followers. Just leave a comment to indicate your request for the free file and please don't forget to leave your email address.

Happy crafting!
Ligaya















Spellbinders Nestabilities - Opulent Oals

To create the frame, I used these 2 dies.
I cut 3 pieces and glued them together to make the frame sturdy.

These 2 dies were used to frame the sentiment

These 2 dies were used frame this other sentiment


Leaves used for the flower bouquet:
Marianne Design Bird On Branch (Large) - LR0138
Marianne Design Anja's Leaves - LR0226

Memory Box - Riviera Corner

Name tag on the box - Marainne Design Anja's
Label Set - LR0241

25 comments:

  1. A lot of work, but ik looks so great!!! Well done!!!
    Hugsss, Gaby

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful! I have this die set and would love the file the make this card. susanmiller_29803@yahoo.com.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWESOME card! Very elegant! I love seeing how you put it together. Yes, a lot of work, but it turned out just GORGEOUS and STUNNING!! Thank you for sharing the card and the "how" to put it together!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi that is awesome card, could you please send me the file as it would be appreciated thank you. kathymis@westnet.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely card! Now, that die is on my wish list.. would love to receive the file. thanks much ms. Gayle for your generosity! mulan_gbg@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this oval shaped birthday card. It would make a wonderful wedding card. I would love to have it. Thank you jfeagin@tx.rr.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Gayle I posted early this morning but it obviously did not get through.
    Your cards are absolutely stunning, I love them. May I please receive the share file, I would love to have a go at making a special anniversary card for my brother and his wife.
    my email is efrewin582@btinternet.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Gayle your cards are absolutely stunning, I would love to receive the share file so I may make a special anniversary card for my brother and his wife
    my email is efrewin582@btinternet.com
    Thank you for your generosity

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi there,

    Totally love this could you please share sonjanoeth@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi ms gayle, this card is gorgeous! Please if you could share your file with me, my email is katrinahispano@gmail.com big thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful! love all the details. l would like to have that dies too. and the free files, of course. thanks again, ate Gayle! :) neeria_rivera19@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Oh OH! How incredibly beautiful! Thank you so much for the multiple photos and description! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is one of the most beautiful cards I've ever seen! Thanks to you and your blog, I was able to case it (with your permission) for a 50th (Golden) Wedding Anniversary card. Please come take a look, I did my best! Hopefully my card makes you proud!! Thanks for sharing your talent with the rest of us!! Here's the link to my FB page: https://www.facebook.com/LynnesHouseOfCards

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi there, i came across one of your old post in 2011 about graduation hat card and wondering if you still have the template. Would you mind sharing it to my email? daocharad.b@gmail.com Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  15. An artist indeed! I am really amazed and impressed with your craft Ms. Gayle. The cards are so creative and distinct. How I wish you can share with me your skills/talent in making different kinds of cards. It will be an honor to be taught by you Ms. Gayle. I am really looking forward to it Ms. Gayle. Continue making awesome, elegant cards! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. An artist indeed! I was amazed and impressed by your craft Ms. Gayle. The cards were so creative and distinct. How I wish, you can taught me how to make beautiful, unique cards. I will really be a great opportunity.
    :) two thumbs up!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I can't recall if I requested this file yet - if not, please send - if so, please disregard ~ StampinDiva@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your work is absolutely beautiful. I'm totally amazed by it. I would like to request the card file please. My email is lynnbea2005@aol.com. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Once again you have out done yourself, such beautiful details in each of your cards. This is stunning as always. Was wondering if I could get the file once again. I am a long time follower and just happen to have this set of dies. Could I please get a copy of the fileƩ
    jennyplace26@gmail.com. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your work is awesomest ....... so beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Was wondering if I could get the file for the sentiments. I'm always looking for beautiful card to make and I have this die set and a cricut machine thanks in advance for the files..hmresident@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love your card and would really like to receive the file for it.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your card is awesome! So beautiful! I would appreciate your cut file. Thanks. Have a blessed day.
    My email: joanmc5306@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Found this comment on Pinterest. Thank you!!!


    From: Less Shabby, More Chic

    This card’s beauty is classical, without being outdated...elegant, without being starchy...and proud, without being boastful. Thumbs up to its (gifted) creator!

    ReplyDelete